Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Word Cesspool // Happy 16th of July? [[a 4th of July post]]

Hey guys! I know it's too late but I wanted to make sure I shared this experience with you 
>////<
I know it took a long time before I could post this but I just wanted to share with you all how I spent my 4th of July.

4th of July is one of my favorite holidays, not only because I'm off at work but also because it commemorated the moment our courageous soldiers fought for what we have right now... Freedom.

The Sleeping Giant has proven to everyone that no matter what situation life puts you in, there will always be hope.

I was born and raised in the Philippines so I apologize if my grammar on most of my post or the way I word them seems pretty, darn horrible. I'm striving to be better and as I continuously do what I do, I believe I will get better. I wasn't born in this beautiful country but I still feel blessed that she treats me like as if I did. 

I'm not gonna start a lesson about the history of this nation's independence, so you can go back to your seats and keep reading as I'm about to unfold what I really came here for...
(*≧▽≦)ノシ))

= / / =

My 4th of July was spent with my friends at their place wherein as tradition, just had an All-American (slightly Italian) lunch. It was a simple lunch treat that we thought would pay respect for living in this amazing country for the past 5 years or so.

My best friend and I were the ones who prepared and served lunch. I was in charge of one entree and she was in-charge of the other. We prepared  pretty hefty lunch by accident and sadly, we never got a chance to eat dessert but no matter, as all bellies were filled.
And that for me is more than enough.

So without further a do, here it is....

For my side of the plate, I prepared an All-American... *wait for it* 
Burgers!!

While I prepared the patties, my best friend was already cooking hers which is a Traditional-style Spaghetti. We thought I'd be nice to prepare a lot that day. Both of us made these dishes ourselves and for that, we are pretty proud of ourselves.

I originally planned to make sliders so it's not that heavy, unfortunately, the store was out of slider buns that came in bulk that I had to resort to the regular sized ones.

In the end, this is what the table looks like.
The burger was home-made. I thought that if I make them by scratch it'll give me more leeway to add some and subtract some. 

The buns with sesame seeds are actually more expensive so I had to improvise and buy some sesame seeds and just put them there, which worked like a charm!

After everything, we were able to make at least 9 burgers to feed a group of 7, and I'm very elated to say that there were no leftovers.
 (^▽^)


In the end, we just chilled in the living room and ended up playing Risk [the board game] and basically just continued watching my guy friends play the Resident Evil 6 game and ended up finishing it in less than a whole day. Sure it's not a family BBQ in the backyard but it's definitely what we wanted to have...just chilling out with your friends.


Oh what a marvelous sight~ ヘ( ̄ω ̄ヘ)

Recipes will be posted next time as this post is long enough already it already missed the 4th of July train.

I hope you guys had a great 4th as I did.



Please do not forget the real meaning of our country's independence. It's not a day like any normal weekends that you get at work but it's to give respect to those who has served this country well.

As Paul Sweeney said;
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."

And that is that.

Thanks for tuning in~
 ┌(★o☆)┘

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment in my blog, I truly appreciate it! >.<