Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Review // Dermalogica - Total Eye Care with spf 15

Hey everyone~
So as promised on this post, I am back for another review from one of the staple products I use for my dehydrated face for this Summer Season. I am going to review ...

"Dermalogica - Total Eye Care w/ SPF 15 "

This tube is actually pretty small as it came from the Dermalogica Dry Skin Kit at Ulta for about $37.00, not bad for a whole beginner set including cleanser, exfoliate, moisturizer and a toner along with a "gift". 
I actually bought this kit way back so I apologize that I don't have any pictures of them.

Out of all of them, I really like this one. It came in a 4 mL tube [i know, it's pretty minuscule] but I've been using it for about 2-3 months daily and I think it's time to replace it.

Really cute and tiny.
The tube is permanently closed and to be able to open it you have to cut a tiny hole up on the tip of the nozzle.  Since the material is pretty thick, it doesn't spill like I thought it would. 



DIRECTIONS: Gently pat around eye area. Use daily.

WARNINGS: For external use only, not to be swallowed. Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, flush thoroughly with water. If irritation develops, discontinue use. Do not use on infants under 5 months old.

:Here's how I use it: 

I squeeze out a dollop of the product onto my ring finger and pat it directly on my eyelids and/or black circle area until its fully blended to your skin.

for picture reference, I used my hand.

The actual product is pretty thick like a BB cream but easier to apply than a concealer. It's not as heavy as such, although I find it really hard to blend when you're in a hurry to catch your train or just really late with anything.

The product is good for the whole day. For a sample, it really impressed me. The SPF in the product boosts my confidence for facing the harsh summer sun as well, since I don't have to put sunblock on my eye area every time I go out. It doesn't have a foul smell of sunblock which I like really much.

This product did not give me milia

PRICE : 
           -- For the price of $37.00, I believe there are much better products, although this ones amazing, it really isn't  frugal-friendly.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT : 
         -- The SPF. Even though it only offers up to 15, it's still a pretty decent amount to put in your eye.
          -- The size. It's very compact and travel-sized good if you're always on the go.
          --  The smell is amazing. It smells like powder. You can't really smell it that much tough since its applied on your eye area... haha.
          --  The tube makes it easy to put on the ring finger. One squeeze and you're off.

WHAT I  DON'T LIKE ABOUT IT :
        -/- Since it doesn't have a cap or any form of closing, it kind of bothered me whenever I use it.
          -/- When you're almost done with the tube, it gets harder and harder to use; imagine when you're running out of toothpaste but with a thicker material for a tube.
          -/- It's hard to blend in and have to at least spend a couple of minutes to dry before you apply foundation which gets very annoying over time.
          
WOULD I REPURCHASE IT?
        --  Sadly, no. I love this product but as I said before in my Clinique post, I have an ongoing search but for now this will do. And for $37.00 for a whole kit, I believe this is a good product to try out.

Altogether, I am definitely elated to have discovered Dermalogica, it's one of the very few products I've used that didn't give me any allergic effects. Clinique is one of them too but my main problem area are my eyes. I have panda eyes. Luckily, my glasses cover them like a concealer would but sometimes it gets to you, y'know. Therefore, I am still searching how to at least alleviate these problem eyes of mine. Sadly, Dermalogica  is a good but mediocre product. I would recommend it for beginners but if you're a bit more on the experienced side who's looking for an affordable skin care, The Dry Kit is not for you. I heard that they have the Age Smart Starter Kit. I would love to give it a try, but later on when the price is right.


As always, 

THANK YOU FOR TUNING IN ☆彡
(● ̄(エ) ̄●)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment in my blog, I truly appreciate it! >.<