Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Food Trip // BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse

Howdy~ ❤ 
I hope you all are doing fine. I'm here again to do my insight, not necessarily a review, of one of the famed restaurants here in the US. I guess this is a continuation for this post.


234 E. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA  91101
Phone: 626.204.0845

I know it's really known but I personally have never been here. 
NOTE: I always stick behind the lens unless needed, therefore, you'll see a bunch of pictures of Roka.
╰( ´◔ ω ◔ `)╯

First off since, we are under 21 [[ only a few months left though ]] we decided to have 
"Mocktails"
Mocktails non-alcoholic beverage (also known as a virgin drink) is defined in the U.S. as a beverage that contains less than 0.5% alcohol by volume.[1] Non-alcoholic versions of some alcoholic beverages, such as non-alcoholic beer ("near beer") and cocktails ("mocktails"), are widely available where alcoholic beverages are sold.
[[ accor. to WIKI ]]
They're actually pretty good and who can ever beat FREE REFILLS, right?

Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade
For mine, I ordered the recommended "Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade" for the reason that I like raspberries and lemonade. The flavor tastes like Sprite with Raspberry flavoring, as someone who's easily amused, I loved it~ 

Peach Iced Tea
Second, for Roka. She decided to get the "Peach iced Tea". She's into teas, so why not?

For our entree, we're both not really that hungry. Our server, a nice guy I could not remember the name (sorry), vouched that the Hawaiian Mahi Mahi is a good choice and since we also mentioned we were sharing and got an interesting surprise. We got 2 plates! He split the plates in half which for me, I find really enticed.

"Hawaiian Mahi Mahi"
"I want the Mahi Mahi but I'm not very hungry so can I just get the one Mahi?"

Description on the website - Oven roasted, glazed mahi-mahi served over stir-fried vegetables and roasted pineapple fried rice mixed with a spicy soy ginger sauce then topped with slivered snow peas, red bell peppers and sesame seeds.
PRICE
FOOD QUALITY
OVERALL

Truth be told, they weren't kidding when they said that the Mahi Mahi is an Enlightned Entree for it really felt light. So we decided to order an Appretizer that was served AFTER the entree. Call it OCD but I was a bit taken aback but whatever we ordered the Mahi first so it kind of made sense.
ヽ(・_・;)ノ

"Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms"

Look at that feta Cheese melt
It comes in a plate of 6, so it's enough for a 2 person serving
Description on the website - Filled with a blend of fresh spinach, BJ's own spinach and artichoke dip, feta cheese, chopped mushrooms, herb bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, then sprinkled with crispy bread crumbs and drizzled with lemon pesto sauce.
PRICE
FOOD QUALITY
OVERALL

I really loved the mushrooms and would definitely recommend it to anyone with a savory palette, the tender texture of the mushrooms and the scrumptious kick of the spinach combined together just makes your mouth-water that is then satisfied by the exotic flavor of the lemon pesto sauce. Truly amazing~
(⌒▽⌒)☆


☆彡: EXTRA : ☆彡
{Since I'm doing this a lot, I'm making this a semi-permanent thing on my posts}


I find the ceiling quite minimalist-friendly. I adore these type of structures.



Roka and I waiting to be seated.

Another shot of the Hawaiian Mahi Mahi.

FINE, last picture... 

If it isn't stressed enough, my best friend and I had a blast at BJ's and we'll definitely go back. the Hawaiian Mahi Mahi is great and looks quite easy to make, so we'll be attempting that at home when the Mahi season dies down, which is never.. so yay! \(T∇T)/

Once again, whoever just happens to visit or stumble onto my blog, I would like to say thank you, I really do appreciate it. 


THANK YOU FOR TUNING IN~
о(ж>▽<)y ☆

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment in my blog, I truly appreciate it! >.<