Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Review // Clinique: dramatically different moisturizing lotion

Hello!
As promised, i did make a review for one of the few staple products I use for my desiccated face.

Just a little background about my face: 
I have an Asian skin. Dry and Sensitive at its finest. 
I never thought I have dry skin since my family has acne-prone and oily face types. Pretty gullible of me, I know, but I was never into these things until recently. My face is at it's driest during the winter but still as crackly during the rest of the season. My dad, who has the oiliest face I know in my family, kept on insisting I use the products he uses when I first encountered a pimple. Being so foolish and obedient, I kept on using skincare products for oily and acne-prone face types, hence, I developed a very sensitive skin.
I went years avoiding skin products because I would always have dreadful reactions to it such as redness, breakouts and itchiness.
This is a one-time post only.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Onward with the product.
Please do take note that this is the *LOTION* and not the GEL as they are for  2 different face type.
This review is only for Very Dry or Dry-combination face types.

"Clinique - dramatically different moisturizing lotion"


This product comes in a 4.2 FL / 125 mL bottle with a pump.


DESCRIPTION ON THE BOTTLE SAYS:
  - Works to soften, smooth and improve the texture and condition of your skin. Apply twice a day. For best results, use after Facial Soap and Clarifying Lotion.

A pump or two is really all you need for a full coverage. it gives pretty fair amount and it has a very subtle smell of water. The smell isn't really off-putting as it reminds me of water whenever I'm applying it to my face.


Unlike most moisturizing lotions, the texture of this product is very watery and has a soapy quality to it as you apply it. The product, as labeled on their website description, is a "...lightweight "moisture drink" slips easily onto the skin and absorbs quickly, leaving skin comfortable, soft, and healthy looking.


Alas, its time to end this post with a conclusion.

PRICE
           -- For the price of $25.00, I believe there are much better products.  Not really frugal-friendly.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT : 
       -- The simplicity of using it. Just 2 pumps, a little rubs & you're
good to go. 
          --  The smell is not as potent as the other moisturizers. 
          --  It doesn't leave your skin sticky like most. Very lightweight to the face as well.
          -- The packaging is very sturdy, you cannot imagine how many times I have dropped this bottle, it's pathetic.

WHAT I  DON'T LIKE ABOUT IT :
        -/- The pump is very unhygienic, I don't know about you guys, but I like my stuff clean and it usually leaves a mess when I use it..
          -/- The cap is very inconvenient (I'm just nitpicking right now) but I usually don't have time, so I bring the bottle out with me most of the time. Since the cap isn't attached to anything but the bottle itself when you're closing it, it's very easy to lose. I'm very fortunate that I haven't lost it yet.
          
WOULD I REPURCHASE IT?
        --  Sadly, no. I like this moisturizer more than I had hoped but with the price that it comes with, it's really not fitting with my budget. I would suggest this to people who just wants the job done (again, for DRY skin ya'll), and is very sensitive to potent smelling fragrances in a skin product.

I have been using this product for quite awhile now and as someone who has a sensitive, it's been really doing it's job. With regular use, I believe this 125 mL bottle can last up to a year. I've been using this product for 5 months and I'm already half-way done.

As you can see I am half-way done with the bottle *_*

Altogether, I'm glad I got to try this product out. For the price, it's really not that bad. It does the job pretty well. Not sticky and is perfect for the summer. 

I will keep looking for other moisturizers though because my skin is Very Dry, whereas this product is focused on Very Dry to Dry-Combination skin which is in-between. 

Thank you for reading my review. I apologize if it's not that helpful. I, too, am a lurker who just happens to stand up and share my insights with this product. 

I hope you guys liked it~ 

Thanks for tuning in!
(#/。\#)


☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

EXTRA: For those who are wondering what I look like, I scanned through my files and dug this picture for you all to see. Honestly, it literally took me an hour to pull a decent picture and this was months ago too. 
I personally don't like taking pictures of myself alone, usually it's with people.

Me, taken with a potato.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment in my blog, I truly appreciate it! >.<