Pages

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Food Trip // Thai Original BBQ

Good evening Ladies and Gents...
It's time for another Food Trip!
Now to all of you living in California, you know how culturally-diverse our little state is; you have food cuisines ranging from Chinese, Soul, American (new), Vietnamese, Filipino, Thai, Greek and Mediterranean. The food choices are endless.

For today, Bugsy's mom felt like treating us outside so we headed to a Thai restaurant a few blocks away from their place. It lies in the heart of Culver City. I believe that if you're a Foodie like I am, you're already familiar of this place.

[[ ^^ click their website, I dare you not to drool  ^^ ]]



I forgot to take an exterior photo of the restaurant so thanks to Yelp but any photos down below are originally mine. I promise!

Any moo, when you enter the place, you feel that rustic feeling of being in well, an Asian restaurant. You then are greeted by a waitress/waiter who will assist you to a table available (sometimes, if you're a early, you can choose your own seat!)

This is the view from our table, it wasn't that crowded that day since we went after lunch service.
Most customers prefer having their food as take-out, I don't know why but we're all different so whatever.

The menu was pretty simple and easy to follow. For our starters, we started off Bugsy's Mama's favorite; The Spicy Shrimp Soup.

Just look at the steam it's producing, I cannot wait to have another one.

The Spicy Shrimp Soup
combination of Spicy and Sour soup packed with juicy Shrimp, scrumptious mushrooms, leafy greens and tomatoes.

It didn't take us long to finish the soup, but luckily the service was fast enough our entrees started coming. We just ordered two (2) of them since the restaurant gives some pretty big servings.

To start of we got the ever so famous, Pad See Ew that I'm definitely positive my Thai readers love ( I hope...) and their lunch special, the S-2 BBQ Pork Spare Rib Dinner.

Starting off with the Pad See Ew; this dish is one of Bugsy's must when going to a Thai restaurant. The combination of sweet and savory is all I could come up with whenever I needed to describe this dish. 
It is served stir-fried with the accustomed green, crisp broccolis,  delectable cuts of beef (our choice) and what is Pad See Ew without the rice noodles.  
As I've said before, the serving can feed up to 2 people, so this dish is a definite must when going to a Thai restaurant !



You can see how vivid and colorful this dish was, I am a witness that this dish is yummy and fresh

And finally, last but never ever the least, the S-2  or how the restaurant describes it; the 

BBQ Pork Spare Rib Dinner.


This dish comes with plenty serving of succulent shrimp rice enough for again, 2 people, a set of savory spare ribs grilled to perfection and of course, their sweet sauce in which I-am-not-familiar-of-that-is-why-I-am-so-obsessed-with-it.

I'm not a Shakespeare when describing food but I can assure you that this mouth-watering dish can most certainly satisfy your palette, IF you're into or craving Thai cuisine.

The orange is optional. its garnish and edible at the same time ^-^

Price:  
  • I give it three stars, just because as a broke adult, the price is not your typical Mcdonald's. It's a nice on-occasion event though. Very rewarding.
Food Rating: 


Overall Experience:  
  • We're all happy campers.

This is what I get when I asked him to take a photo us his Mom and I.
Silly Bugs~
Happy Campers!




Thanks for tuning in!
(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment in my blog, I truly appreciate it! >.<